INTERREG IIIb: MEDOCC-HYDRANET
Page under construction.
This Project studies the water resources management in the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace. The Project includes a series of studies and activities such as:
- Collection of historical meteorological data from various stations. The data will be used in the Project and will become available to the public.
- Study of the use of rainwater, and treatment and reuse of wastewater in small domestic systems. Development of a pilot harvesting system of rainwater (collection, treatment and use).
- Development of pilot systems for wastewater collection, treatment and reuse. This activity includes development of small constructed wetlands for domestic use.
- Study of the quality of irrigation returns. Development of methodology for the optimization of use of irrigation water.
- Study of possible reuse of irrigation return water.
- Suggestions for minimization of water discharge to the sea: study of possible use of additional pumping stations for irrigation, storage areas, groundwater recharge units.
- Suggestions for improvement of quality of irrigation return discharges to sensitive water systems (e.g., coastal lagoons) by use of constructed wetlands.
- Modeling and management proposals.
- Pilot study and monitoring of salinization of cultivated soils.
- Sample collection at selected problematic areas and analyses.
- Evaluation of various methods for restoration.
- Activities related to environmental education and awareness.